In 2018 we celebrate 130 years of Mothers’ Union in Oxford Diocese. Our theme for this year is “In the Steps of Mary Sumner” our founder
2016 saw the world’s largest lay-Christian missionary charity, Mothers’ Union, mark 140 years of faithful outreach to families of all faiths and none.
Our Aims and Objectives
- To promote and support marriage and its wider understanding.
- To encourage parents to bring up their children in the faith and life of the Church.
- To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service.
- To promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children.
- To help those whose family life has met with adversity.
Some Frequently asked Questions
- I am not married. Can I join? YES.
- I am not a Mother. Can I join? YES.
- I am divorced. Can I join? YES.
- I am a widow. Can I join? YES.
- I am a man. Can I join? YES.
- I am only 25. Can I join? YES.
ANYONE can join so long as they support the aims and objectives of the Mothers' Union